So I think about things I aspire to someday. Maybe they'll happen. Maybe they won't. But one can dream, right?
Here's my most recent "bucket list":
- Have 5 children before I'm 40 years old. More is fine. Less is ok, I guess. 5 seems a reasonable number for a person of my health, personality, and vanity.
- Become a fitness model and a personal trainer. I would dearly love some pay off for how much time I spend working out and for the shape I've gotten myself in.
- Be a lead singer and guitar player in a bluegrass/country band. As a subheading, it would be lovely to have an awesome voice some day. I mean, a really good voice!
- Travel and backpack in Europe for an extensive period of time. You know, stay in hostels, camp outside, stay in one place for awhile if I want, pass through if I don't.
- Live on one of those calender-picture ranches in Wyoming or Montana for a long time, own horses, be alone, be quiet, be far away from everything.
- Live in a quaint New England town on a hobby farm near the ocean.
- Write amusingly and thought-provokingly, a la Simcha Fischer.
- Paint again... something evocative worth seeing.
- Have a friend I could tell anything to, and be such a friend to someone.
- Be loved by and be friends with all my children when they are grown up and I am old.
- Read the Bible front to back.
- Read enough philosophy, political writings, and literature to be able to discuss them and bring them up pertinently in random conversations.
- Sleep out in the desert, see all the stars, wake up and hear the birds (are there birds in the desert?).
How about you? What's on your bucket list?