Monday, August 8

Thank you, God...

for my wonderful family. For Josh, his constant, patient love. His perpetual sense of humor. His genuine care and devotion to our children. For the way he loves me on my bad days. The way he puts up with my overabundant energy and need to improve everything. His smile, his little gestures of affection and concern for me. For his hard work and motivation to support our family and give us the best life possible. Thank for you for those little babies of ours. Thank you for Greta's cheeriness. The way she greets every day with enthusiasm and joy. For her protectiveness and care towards her little brother. For her love for me and the way she never fails to cheer her mommy up when I'm having a rough spot. For the adorable way she wipes Joseph up when he's dirty, without being asked. For her independence and interest in everything. Thank you for Joseph. His beautiful smile that never fails to wipe away my impatience. For his strength and inquisitiveness. For his health and good appetite.

Thank you, God, for all the family and friends who have blessed our home with their presence in the past 9 months. I know I've complained a lot about the "invasion" but I am and will be forever grateful for the ability to share our family's joys with others. Thank you for the love and care they have shown my children and myself. Thank you for this wonderful life and help me to always appreciate it. Help me to find small things in which to rejoice, whenever I'm in the midst of stress or frustration.

This is not to say I'll never complain again, but it's good to remind yourself once in a while to "count your blessings."

No comments:

Post a Comment