Thursday, March 17

Just an update

... to let ya'll know I'm alive and mostly well. Emphasis on "mostly." If that is even a word. We finally got hit again with our fair share of illness. I'm still getting over some mutant cold that has lasted three weeks now. THREE WEEKS! Of course, if I didn't insist on smoking through all of it, it might have gone away faster. But oh well.... In the battle between health and sanity, I always try to let sanity win out. You can care for children if you are sick, but you can't if you are crazy. And I've had more than my share of crazy days this month. Good God, what drama! We had to send my younger brother home to his parents because he was acting up again. That was an emotional ringer if ever there was one. Then my sister broke up with her fiance, who surprised us all with a visit at 1 o'clock in the morning. That was not pretty, to put it mildly. To top it off, because obviously family drama is not stressful enough, I got sick and a week later, both babies followed suit. Somewhere.... somewhere up there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

Well, this is me for the time being. Usually, I never have trouble coming up with a "topic" but that cold must have zapped a few brain cells because this is all I've got for the time being. Any ideas?

6 comments:

  1. Lol. Oh hun!!! I am so sorry! Please call me anytime! We don't have quite the drama here, but I'm always bored and in need of adult conversation. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maria hang in there, and most importantly never lose your sense humor. You guys are in my prayers and I hope my little Godson and niece are doing well. I love you all and stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the family drama, that sucks. I just got through the three week cold a few weeks ago, and still have a lingering cough over it. Ugh. Also, did I read that right? Smoking? I had no idea you were a smoker! Maybe it's too early in the morning and I'm missing a joke when I see it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! no, the joke is that I smoke at all. Period. Not really the type, right? But I love being able to slip outside after meals, escape the babies for 5 minutes and "breath the fresh air" as my coworker and I used to say when we went outside for a smoke break. Please no one try to convince me to quite because I know very well how bad it is for you and still cling very tightly to this bad habit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie Hansen3/18/11, 11:01 AM

    I'm am severely shocked that you smoke! I, as a former smoker, miss it dearly. I quit, of course, when I found I was pregnant with Emma, although we were trying I couldn't bring myself to quit until I was actually pregnant. I never picked it up again, not to say I haven't wanted to.

    I too, have constant sibling drama, they're so awful sometimes I can't stand it. I definitely feel for you on that one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'd never try to convince you to quit; you're a smart person and obviously know what the deal is, but I never in a million years would have pegged you as a smoker! I'm sure one day you'll jump up onto the wagon with all us non-smokers :)

    ReplyDelete