Sunday, February 13

Now for a happy post

So now that I got the complaining out of my system for the time being, let's talk about something pleasant. Like... my kids.

They are really awesome. No two ways about that. Greta is now 20 months and as much the baby joy as ever. She is such a sociable girl. She knows a few words in English, but what she lacks in English grammar she makes up in her own language. If only I could speak it! All day long, she keeps very busy. If it is possible, she is busier than her mother. She has a whole dresser of her clothes that needs emptied, and then there are the drawers belonging to Joseph and Mommy that need attention. Then there is the dishwasher that requires her skills in emptying. From there, she usually moves on to the pots and pans and tupperware. Last but not least, she has a baby to care for. Baby Jesus made his entry into our home around Christmas, and despite my efforts, is here to stay. Baby Jesus is very much in the flesh around here. He is a foot long, resin Christ child from a church's manger scene. My mother in law bought him and sent him to us. He has a nice little manger to sleep in, and until Greta came along, he usually stayed there. But Greta has since adopted Baby Jesus as her baby. I mean, really! If Mommy gets to have a baby, why shouldn't Greta? Kids normally get tired of toys after a few days... a week is tops for Greta. But Baby Jesus is here to stay. When I tried to pack him up with the other decorations, Greta threw a fit and desperately tried to rescue her infant from the box of garlands. It's been about 2 months now and Greta faithfully tends her baby every day. He gets burped quite often, and he is usually wrapped in a blanket of Joseph's that Greta has commandeered. He even gets his diapers changed. I love it!

Now Joseph is another story. When I had Greta, I thought she was an easy child. I have since found out that I was wrong. Joseph is waaaaaaaay easier! He really is the most contented and contentable soul I have ever encountered. He sleeps well, eats well, and smiles. I adore a baby smile. His smiles aren't just constipation grins. No, they are all out chuckles when Mommy or Daddy smile at him. I'm finding out, however, that he strongly believes in a time and place for everything. Namely, that he should be in bed, with Mommy, and nursing at 10 pm., not in his car seat, under a table at a Rotary dinner function. Hell no! He is very clear about letting his mother know that this is not acceptable. And mother is learning very quickly. Dear Joseph....

And the two of them together? Ahhhh! Warms my heart every time. Greta adores Joseph. She must kiss him every morning and every time she sees Mommy nursing him on the couch. If he cries, she looks worried and checks on him. If he's in his swing, she will stop his swing and inspect. My favorite was when Joseph was crying in my arms and Greta heard him. She then went to find his burp cloth and brought it to me. I almost cried :) They are such wonderful babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment