Friday, March 26

Not another mommy blog

Why blog? It is arguably an exercise in introspection. I held off from starting one for the longest time because the only time I really wanted to write was when I couldn't make sense of things in my head and needed to write them down. And the only time I can't make sense of something in my head is when I'm not 'up to par' emotionally or physically. But, to quote the oft quoted Socrates, "the unexamined life is not worth living"... a thought that makes me think there might just be something to writing and "sending it out there."

I'm not writing necessarily to entertain, amuse, or update anyone. The filters involved in writing to an audience tend to thwart the self-expressive purpose of "writing things out." The fact is that my life and what I do makes so much more sense to me when put down in writing. I'm a "to-do list" sort of person.

This is going to be a messy sort of blog. I intend to post whatever interests me at the time, be it song lyrics, recipes, complaints, baby talk, movie reviews (yes! I have always wanted to write movie reviews), or ideas about that bugbear of a thesis. I organize so many other aspects of my life that I intend to let myself go in writing this blog. So read at your own risk :) You may also learn a lot more about me than necessary. Again, 'caveat emptor'!

It may be that "we cannot have all things to please us" (Gillian Welch, "Annabelle") but here's to making the most of the blessing we have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment