Saturday, September 18

A bad pregnancy day

Apropos to nothing, I am exhausted. I have nothing all day that merits this level of worn-out-ness. We woke up reasonably late (9am), made breakfast, and drove to the mountains in McGaffey for a work-related picnic. We were there for a mere 3 hours and I came home practically in tears. I slept for 2 and a half hours. And I'm sitting here feeling huge, bloated, tired, and absolutely sick of being pregnant.

People, pregnancy is no cake walk. Especially once you hit your third trimester. It just sucks in the life out of you. Maybe that's a cynical God's way of making you want to go through the peculiar form of torture that is child birth. I was feeling that way today. Anything, even pushing out a huge baby, to get this misery done and over with.

So what exactly is the problem? You would ask. Nothing, really. The baby, I'm sure, is large, fat and healthy. Nothing is diagnosably wrong with me other than the fact that I am 28 weeks pregnant. I just feel huge. Please don't mock me by telling me that I don't look it. You're right, imaginary reader, I probably don't, but that has very little to do with "feeling" huge. Who ever said anything about a 'mind-body' connection? It's just that my entire torso area is being taken over by this huge-ass baby who insists in lodging himself somewhere in the vicinity of just under my boobs. I swear to goodness, he kicked them from inside today! To think I ever complained about poor, sweet, little Greta, who grew to a pleasant 6.2 lbs., moved moderately, and stayed in a reasonable position... and came out nicely and easily. What's wrong with me? I can't freakin' breath, people! I wish I could just die quickly rather than by slow suffocation.

The unbearable part is that we have at least another 10 weeks. 10 WEEKS. That is a mini eternity, if you ask me. Just my luck, baby will decide he is too warm and comfortable to come out and will stay in the full 40 weeks or longer. AHHHHHHH!

So if you're the praying type, send some prayers my way. If not, wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. 145% relate. prayers sent your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so much more miserable the second time than the first. I sweat Bella kicked inward, towards internal organs, which didn't feel great. She also did the whole rib-kick thing. Hang in there, buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! Today was a little better. I think this is the sad time when I need to stop eating normal meals and simply snack throughout the day. I will miss food, but I will not miss feeling like a bloated whale with an angry baby whale inside by the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete